Nonfiction book writing coach
You’ve always dreamed of writing a book. You have a burning desire to share what you’ve learned, what you know, and what you’ve developed with others.
When you write a book, you establish yourself as an expert, enhance your credibility, and attract a following.
As your personal book writing coach and nonfiction editor, I will:
- Work with you one-on-one to build your BookMaps, which are visual representations of your book and all of its elements.
- Work with you every 2-3 weeks through six (6) 90-minute Skype sessions where we will plan your book project, and work to build it piece-by-piece.
- Provide you with guidance and “homework” between sessions, so that you can make significant progress on the foundation of your book in between our coaching sessions.
- Help you develop a book that can stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the best books on the market.
At the conclusion of our sessions, you will have built a firm foundation for your book and developed a comprehensive BookMap that will guide you as you write your book!
Work with me to create your:
- Historical book
- Business book
- Motivational book
- How-to guide
- Creative nonfiction book
- Self-help guide
- Family history book
Working with me as your personal book writing coach and book publishing consultant will allow us to accomplish in six sessions what it takes fourteen weeks to accomplish in the online classes. I love working with you this way because the book writing, book editing, and book publishing process is so personal and in this format, I am able to specifically target my guidance to you, your passion and your work.
The Path to Publication in Five Steps
Plan Your Project
We work together to build your BookMAPs, which are the visual representation of your entire book and all its elements. We will have six (6) 90-minute Skype sessions that are scheduled two to three weeks apart. During that time, you will have specific homework to complete, so that our face-to-face time is productive. We will incorporate the material you have already produced for your practice and identify the gaps that need to be filled. Together we will:
- Work through the Foundational Questions to define your book’s purpose, its audience, the impact on that audience, and your target markets.
- Build the BookMAP of your personal story that includes all the elements you will write.
- Build the Chapter Silo BookMAP of Problem/Solution sets. Includes material you have already developed and identifies the elements you will need to write.
- Position you to write your manuscript in the most efficient manner.
Step One Investment: $6,000
Following your BookMAPs, you will write your personal story, and all the elements of your Problem/Solution sets. Every object lesson and application story will be included, and your previously developed material will be tailored to fit the book. We will work together to refine your style, your voice, your material, and your message in order to fit your branding. I will guide you with assignments and deadlines to keep you on track to keep the project moving and minimize your costs.
Step Two Investment: $175 per hour
This final polish comes when your manuscript is complete. I will edit your manuscript for consistency and clarity, weave in elements of your personal story at appropriate points, construct the title page, copyright page, front matter, and back matter. At the conclusion of this step, your manuscript will be complete.
Step Three Investment: $175 per hour
Publish Your Book
If we work through all of the above steps together, your book will be published through my publishing company, Stonebrook Publishing. We will design your cover, the interior layout, purchase and assign the ISBNs, and set your book up for publication and distribution. Publication will be print-on-demand, which means that your book is printed at the time it is sold. This prevents you from paying large sums for inventory. Step Four is only available to those who complete steps One through Three with me.
All rights are 100% yours.
Step Four Investment: $7,500
Repurpose Your Content
Now that your book is complete, you can repurpose its content to reach the masses. I can guide to use that material to write and distribute:
- online courses
Step Five Investment: variable
What sets me apart as a personal book coach and nonfiction book editor is my methodology that takes you all the way from the concept for your book, to a first draft, to a completed manuscript, to publication, to re-purposing your material for marketing to the masses. This soup-to-nuts approach guides you to write a book a nonfiction book that will stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the best on the market. And that’s what you want. Not some slapped together book that will get lost in the crowd, but a professionally written, packaged, and marketed product that will have a lasting impact on your readers.