Module Two: Write Without Ruts
After you complete Module One: From Concept to Concrete Plan, you’ll be ready to learn more about how to start writing a book in Module Two: Write Without Ruts.
Using the BookMAP™s you created in Module One, you can now pour out your first draft. You have this solid plan to guide your writing!
In Module Two, I put on my “professor” hat and guide you to write compelling nonfiction and create an exciting manuscript. Even if you’ve had experience as a writer, you probably have not written a book-length manuscript, which is entirely different from writing articles or blogs. You want to capture the reader’s attention and keep it from the first page to the end.
Module Two: Write Without Ruts will guide you to:
- Employ writing tools to accelerate the process and keep your manuscript organized
- Incorporate the elements of creative nonfiction in your writing
- Write the elements of your personal story using BookMAP™ One
- Write the Chapter Silos using BookMAP™ Two
- Interact with fellow students for discussion and peer review
- Produce the first draft of your manuscript
At the end of Module Two, you will have a first draft of your manuscript, and will be ready to advance to Module Three: Polish and Perfect!
Module Two components:
- Lesson 1: Writing tools / timeblocks
- Lesson 2: Emotive Writing / Sensory Language / Discipline of Writing
- Lesson 3: Paragraphs
- Lesson 4: Show Me The Details
- Lesson 5: Structure
- Lesson 6: Pacing
- Lesson 7: Psychological distance
- Lesson 8: Conflating
- Lesson 9: Point of View
- Lesson 10: Vocabulary
- Lesson 11: Comparison
- Lesson 12: Place and Time
- Lesson 13: Summary and Scene
- Lesson 14: Happy Endings