This season we take some time to think about gifts. There are gifts we give and gifts we receive and sometimes, gifts that can encourage both.
We each have meaningful gifts inside us that allow us to create beauty in the world and to change the lives of those around us for the better.
This holiday season, I encourage you to consider how you can foster the talents and ambitions of your family and friends with the presents you give them.
Here is a short 2015 writer’s gift guide that features items packed with meaning and practicality and are ready to be applied as soon as your author is ready to write!
1. Scapple – $14.99 – This is the perfect tool for anyone who has felt like they had too many ideas and too little organization for them. You would be amazed at what an easy tool that works like mind-map can do to help organize thoughts and allow a writer to progress quickly on their writing!
About Scapple: “Scapple is an easy-to-use tool for getting ideas down as quickly as possible and making connections between them. It isn’t exactly mind-mapping software—it’s more like a freeform text editor that allows you to make notes anywhere on the page and to connect them using straight dotted lines or arrows.”
2. Scrivener – $45 – This tool is like the big brother of Scapple which is appropriate as it is developed by the same people! This platform is designed to minimize distractions as it help writers organize their long-form manuscript.
About Scrivener: “Scrivener is a powerful content-generation tool for writers that allows you to concentrate on composing and structuring long and difficult documents. While it gives you complete control of the formatting, its focus is on helping you get to the end of that awkward first draft.”
3. 1 year gift subscription to Writer’s Digest – From $9.96 – This is a great publication that provides resources and a robust community for writers to develop their craft and connect with one another. You can choose to gift a digital or print format based on what your writer prefers!
About Writer’s Digest: “Our charter publication Writer’s Digest literally “wrote the book” on writing and getting published. For more than 90 years, the experts at Writer’s Digest have been publishing books, magazines, competitions, conferences and distance education materials for writers who want to polish their skills and hone their craft.”
4. Special consultation with The Book Professor – $89 – As an international book marketer, Executive Book Coach, international speaker and author advocate I help everyday people write high-impact nonfiction books that will save lives, change lives, or transform society, and this holiday season I have a very special offer!
For a limited time, gift certificates are available for a short coaching session for prospective authors who need guidance from an international book writing and publishing coach. Consultations are available at a discounted rate to help those who are ready to move their non-fiction book forward.
5. Inspirational mug – $17.95 –
“We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect.”
I just love this simple quote that is packed with inspiration and meaning. Nonfiction writers have the wonderful opportunity to explore the moments of life more than once! Your writer will be uplifted and reminded of why they do what they do while they enjoy a holiday beverage from this mug!
6. Moleskine notebooks – From $3.58 – These notebooks are always a joy to receive. They give writers a beautiful, functional way to record their thoughts and ideas wherever they may go. And they don’t even need to recharge or be connected to wi-fi to be ready any time!